Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving




I was lucky enough to have Wednesday off from work, so I spent it cooking. I made cornbread that became cornbread stuffing. I also made pizzelles and Peppakorka, a Swedish cookie that is sort of a marriage between molasses and gingersnaps. Everyone LOVES them. I could make two batches, and they would be gone by the afternoon. I also made a seven layer dip and puff pastry cheese straws. On Thursday I cooked up a few more things. We munched on the cookies, nuts, the seven layer dip and I cover a brie with apricot jam and puff pastry. I used a new recipe for the turkey. The Maple and Smoked Bacon glazed turkey was wonderful. We served creamed chestnuts, cranberry sauce, cornbread stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes and olives. We also had pie for dessert. We had a lovely time with the family. It was another of those sunny, wonderful Colorado days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful. Is that Ellie in the background all dressed up and looking so ladylike? Love, N