Monday, February 26, 2007

Mail Art Fun from Teena

I had a really fun mail day on Saturday when I received my item from Teena. She and I are both taking part in a swap organized through 5x7art.blogspot.com. She clearly either looked at my blog or she and I like the same kind of thing.

The picture I have posted here does not do her work justice. I think my scanner is having a small fit. It is much prettier in real life. Teena took a lovely piece of watercolor paper and topped it with purple batik fabric, just the kind of thing you would find in my stash. This has a photo that seems to be mounted on paper on it, stitched on with a fun, decorative sewing maching stitch. The picture is emblellished with irridescent glitter here and there. The woman ont he porch as been enhanced as well. Thi can be hung from the pink ribbon at the top, which does not show up very well in the picture. There is also a nice metal and acrylic sticker, "Le gardin." I am thrilled with what she sent me. It will find a nice home in my craftroom or my classroom.

If you would like to see more of what people received, check out the link I provided above. I think she may even be doing another round some time soon.

No comments: