Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fun on The Water & Camp Food Recipe - Cream Cheese Chicken

Friday was a postcard perfect day. We awoke to the sun peaking through the top of the tent. The birds sang a harmonious chorus of song. The kids did the usual camp activities. They played with the intertubes, they went out in the blow up row boat, biked and hiked. I had a nice time visiting with my friends and cooking. I also enjoyed petting the dogs. Her dogs are small, song, wonderful and willing to sit with me. Our dog is wonderful and willing, but too big to sit on my lap. I usually precook my meals so that I have very little trash or clean up and the flexibility to spend my time playing. One of our favorite recipes is Cream Cheese Chicken served over noodles. I precook the noodle (to semi al dente), drain them, put them in a big freezer bag with a little bit of olive oil. I then heat them up by warming about 2" of water in the pan. I use a slotted spoon to remove them. It works like a charm. This recipe is very satisfying and smells good. If I am at a camp ground and want to make friends, this is a good people magnet:

Cream Cheese Chicken

1 Pk. Italian Dressing Mix (generic works nicely)
3-4 Chicken Breasts, cubed
1 Stick Butter
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
8 oz. Cream Cheese
Noodles

Saute the chicken in the butter. Next, add the dressing and stir. Then add the soup and the cream cheese. Let simmer until well blended. Serve over noodles of rice.

You can also make this in a crock pot.

Perhaps you would enjoy this, too.

No comments: