Monday, January 12, 2009

A Low Key Weekend Scrapbooking and Cooking


I have been making scrapbooks for years. We all love them. However, they can be cumbersome to store due to their size and bulk. I experimented with digital scrapbooking this fall and love the results. Now I am embarking on a new adventure to shift to making digital ones from now on. It has been a little intimidating trying to figure out where to get supplies, how to translate my artistic style into what I can find and how to keep it all organized. So far I am mostly muddling along. This weekend I spent time looking at Tracy Ann Digital Arts (TADA) and DesignerDigitals since so many of the the pages I like in galleries have elements from those companies. I bought a few things, uploaded some freebies and am on my way. I began with a free template and made a page about Ellie.I now have to figure out what I want Ethan's page to look like. I am not sure I want a duplicate, but I do want cohesion. I may simply do an altered mirror image of Ellie's page. I also started on two pages about the New Year's Eve wedding we attended by am stymied by how to proceed since I don't know how to create what I have in my head.
On Sunday morning Ethan and I took our second cooking class at the William Sonoma store in Cherry Creek. Last week we did cast iron cooking. We learned about a lovely 40 garlic clove chicken and a no knead Rosemary bread. You can see Stephanie in action in the photos below.

This week it was a large crowd for French cooking. They made crepes, French Onion soup and a chicken dish. Ethan made crepes when we got home. I gave a try at making the soup but mine did not turn out as well since I did not have the right wine. Next week it is indoor grilling.

No comments: