Monday, July 06, 2009

I Almost Can't Sleep for All the Inspiration Running Around in My Head or All the 4th of July Means If Are An Art Lover In Denver Around the Holiday

The July 4th holiday really begins and is fervent for us on July 3rd. It begins with a trip to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. Ellie and Christy go for the fun stuff they can make and do. I go to be inspired. I have yet to be disappointed. Here are just a few of the pieces that have set my heart and head spinning:

I love and admire these two for their simplicity. I love their use of color. I seem incapable of creating art like this. I just can't seem to stop adding, fixing, fiddling. I guess I would need someone to say, "Step away from the canvas..." (although mind would more than likely be watercolor paper instead of canvas, but I quibble...)

Oh this bird, I fell in love with him. I wish I could have him, but he was way beyond my ability to buy. I simply had to admire, gush at the artist and get permission to photograph it. Perhaps I can make one like it some day.

I love these for the texture and the unusual shape. I stared for a long time, trying to catch every detail!

There were several people who made art with found or recycled objects. I took a few of these kinds of photos for Ethan since he was not with me to appreciate their artistry.


I love this man's art every year. Perhaps some day I will have one. I would love to see his workshop or go shopping/finding with him. He must be very intense and interesting to create such art.

I love the whimsy of the art this woman creates. I might be moved to create my own version of this kind of art.

These abstract flowers are wonderful for the color and design.


I was so moved by these that I went home and started a painting the next day. I was inspired by very different styles and the result, while my kids loved it, was very incongruous. I may have another go at it. I am not sure if I will post that attempt or not.

In the mean time, here are a few fun videos related to the holiday that I wanted to share:
"Fireworks" by PES

If you like this one, go onto youtube.com and look up "Human Skateboard" by PES.

Here's another that Ethan found:


I hope your head will be swimming with inspiration soon, too.

No comments: