Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Party - Ready, Set , Carve...

On Friday we had our annual pumpkin carving party and potluck. It was a lovely day. Larr and the kids decorated the backyard. Originally the caution tape was intended to stop people from walking on the muddy sod. However, it was a great effect.



Larr decided to have a nice fire out in the fire pit. It was a real hit. It may have to become tradition.


We had small guests, too.


And silly ones who are lots of fun!

The 12-14 crowd was silly, too. I think they had the most fun with their pumpkins.

Well,on second thought, maybe the teenage boys had the most fun - I am not sure...


Some of the guests did not carve anything, but played games instead.







We had a blast. We stuffed about 45 people into our house and backyard. I am always impressed with the creativity with which the kids carve.

On another note, I am inspired by what I saw over at Molly Irwin's bog today:

No comments: