Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hot. HOt, HOT


The rains from last week seem to have headed elsewhere and now we are back to the usual hot summer days. Now, this is no hot summer like you can find in the South, but it is hot enough for me, especially since we have no air conditioning.

I endeavor to do all of the outside work during the cool of the early morning hours. Our internet has been down for a few days so I am finding myself at Starbuck instead of in the garden. I am afraid that between everything the garden is not as well tended as last summer. Perhaps I will get a surge of gardening fever later in the week.

Ellie's friend Laurel came up from Monument to spend the day with us. The girls went to spend the entire day and most of the evening at Elitch Gardens amusement park. Her mother,Mike, and I went to tea at The House of Windsor. We've been friends for a number of years. Our boys biked together and so do our girls, though Laurel is doing more women's racing and so we see them less and less at the races. Mike and I never seem to run out of things to talk about. It is so nice to have a friend like her.

No comments: