Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Down on The Sonflower Ranch

I love going to Mike and Keith's ranch. They have a really fun assortment of animals. I was thrilled that Larr and Ellie wanted to join me this year.

They have a casual party every year around this time so that people can enjoy the baby goats and other young animals. Mike and Keith are breeding the goats.

Larr and Ellie were very fond of the horses.

Ellie was smitten by Brightly, a miniature burro. The feeling was mutual. She says that she needs one. He is on loan to provide a study service for MiniPearl and the other mini burro in residence.

I was thrilled that Itty Bitty allowed us to hold her very new kittens. It has been a long time since I have had such a treat.

And of course we made friends with the dogs, even the visiting pup, Huckleberry, who was from a recent litter.

There were a host of other animals to pet and admire, including the piglets that were new to the place.

Our thanks to Mike and Keith for such a fun party. I look forward to when we can go again.

No comments: