Monday, July 28, 2014

Little Snakies in the Grass

Snakes usually give me the hebe jebees, but this little one won my heart over. I don't know why. I think that snakes in your garden is both good for the garden, and a sign of garden health, but I usually avoid them.
Ellie found this little one in the grass as she was mowing her grandfather's lawn. She even found a second one. Ellie keeps her eyes out of them as she works in the yard. They usually head out on their own. Kohlton thinks that this one, and the other, are only about a week old. The snake was only a few inches long. You'll notice how small he/she was if you compare the size of his/her head to Ellie's fingernail. She picked it up to move it out of the way. His heart was beating very quickly, of course. I loved the was he curled himself up whether on Ellie's hand or on the porch. Ellie said that it felt like he did not weigh at all.

No comments: