Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Day at Home, The Seasons are Changing - What Will It Bring?




The kids were a bit wiped out this week. Ethan might be coming down with an illness, so we decided to skip the race today. It feels a bit odd, but okay, too. I am welcoming the chance to be home for an entire day, if I want to be. I thought I might sleep in, but that simply did not happen. Instead I began putting the house back together. I have not folded laundry for a few weeks. We have no clean towels in the bathroom and I have not done real grocery shopping for almost a month. So, as Larr rocks climbs and the kids sleep, I am restoring order to the house. Later, once the house is a bit more orderly, I might work on my Halloween quilt. I might get out the Halloween decorations. I am likely to make Halloween Party invitations. Perhaps I'll take the kids to a movie. Who knows what today will bring.


With some of the time I spent sick at home I also knocked out a few scrapbooking pages from the All Girls camping trip we did in July. I have one more page to go, but I thought these might be worth sharing. They were kind of hard to do. I started with a scrapbooking challenge to use stitches in the design. I loved the ones in the gallery, but it just was not me. I even tried to force it, but it just did not work. I looked through gallery after gallery of page layouts. Again, being inspired, but not having any of those ideas work for me. Then I found that Natali Design of Studio Girls put out a new kit that featured items that made it possible for me to put my pages together quickly. It finally felt right.

No comments: