Thursday, September 10, 2009

Number 9, Number 9, Number 9

I had been waiting for yesterday to happen since last March or April. So had Ethan, but for a different reason. I was excited to get my hot little hands on "The Beatles" Rock Band. I wish that it would have come out near our anniversary date. However, I presented it to him yesterday. I never got around to pre-ordering it so I was worried that it would be tough to get a copy of it. I ran to Target right after school got out. The night before Larr had been listening to the remastered songs and I thought he would have been dialed into the RockBand disc, too, but he was not. He was totally surprized when I gave him the disc. I could not wait a minute later so I gave it to him at school. I didn't even take time to unwrap it. He was excited, so were many of the kids. We gathered at home as quickly as possible to play. Brandon and Jesse joined us, too. I love the different stages and the fact that all of the songs are available from the get go. You have to "earn" the other songs on the other discs. The Beatles music is such a part of our lives, especially when we were in our early dating years, that it seemed like a great fit. We had a good bit of fun. But that was not all we did.

"The Beatles" Rock Band Trailer


Ethan had been anticipating the movie, "9" and was not disappointed. After a short, loud stint playing Beatles RockBand and having dinner, we all went to the movies. The art of the movie is great. The message is kind of scary and I am still not entirely sure what the whole message was. We've already begun discussing it and whether Ethan wants to be "9" for Halloween.

"9"

No comments: