Monday, September 13, 2010

Busy Weekend - Part 1 South Village Open Space Park

It has been such a busy, fun weekend. We took a bit of time on Sunday morning to go for a walk, the family and the dog all included. We have such lovely places to choose from. We had wanted to go to Roxbrough Park, but the dog was not allow in the park due to a mountain lion den near the parking lot. That sent us off in search of an other park.

We stumble upon the south entrace of the South Village Open Space Park. We've hiked it from the north. This way was beautiful, too.

Some of the rock formations look like they were fashioned in a movie stage for a film.

The vistas can be breath-taking. There is simply no way to contain it on film in a way that I can share with you here.

The wildlife was undisturbed by our walk. We say deer, blue jays and many small birds, chickadees, perhaps.

It gave Ethan a chance to use his wonderful new binoculars. They had belonged to Uncle Ed who is a bird watcher. They are an old pair of Bausch and Lomb binoculars that are extremely powerful. I love this view of my husband, so happy when he is framing a shot.

Nature had plenty to show off. I was smitten with these little scrub bushes that have tiny acorns. I wanted to put a branch in water and have it live at my house for the fall, but the time between when we cut it of and when we got home was too long. The leaves are dried up. I still love the tiny acorns. I am thinking about making a lost wax cast of them so that I could make some from silver. Don't you think tiny silver acorns would be wonderful?

No comments: