Thursday, October 16, 2008

Of Cancer, Party Invitations and a Squirrel




Of Cancer...
I appreciate the support I am receiving from people I know in person and online. I am especially thankful for the comment left by Determined Wife. I wish I could thank her directly and ask some more questions. Most importantly, I want her to know that I appreciate her taking the time to offer us hope and some new resources. I will quickly have three of us working on what you have sent!

Of Party Invitations...

Next Wednesday will be our 6th annual Soup Potluck and Pumpkin Carving party. It is a real blast. We invite a ton of people over. We move around the furniture and cover every table with festive plastic table clothes and people come over to carve. We have lots of tools to loan. Some people bring patterns with them. We eat, we visit, we create and then we take photos. Once the pumpkins are gutted I wash and roast the seeds. Towards the end we take photos of all of the pumpkins lit up in the back yard. This year Ellie joined me in making the invitations. I usually come up with one idea and duplicate it. Ellie made each one special and unique. I know our friends will enjoy receiving them.

Of a Squirrel...


And of course we must offer an update on the goings on of two hand raised baby squirrels. The older one is now released. He spends the day playing with his friends in the trees and the garden. At night he goes through his squirrel door and into the house. Thankfully none of the wilder squirrels have followed him. James and Midge are keeping an close eye to make sure he is warm and eating enough. So far, so good. The younger one is developing splendidly. He is full of fur, but still quite a baby who prefers to be snuggled in a warm, close space to seeing the world.

No comments: