Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I Am Reading - Building, Creating & The Plague



I just finished this book on Tuesday. I loved the intricate details, the stories of the lives of the characters and the information about building bridges as well as cathedrals and palaces. A large portion of the book is about how the plague impacted the towns and the people, sometimes driving them to do crazy things. After I finished it I decided I had to go back and reread Pillars of the Earth, one of my top five favorite books of all time. I think Ken Follett is brilliant! I especially enjoyed the new preface to the book.



I read this book a while back. It was a fascinating read. The story is about a town that decided to "close its doors" in an attempt to stop the plague from spreading. It is based on a true story. The style of writing is amazing. I can't wait to see what she will write next.

Following the theme of books that feature elements of how interesting things are created or built, I might read Devil in the White City next, especially if I can find in audio book format.
I am knee deep and lovin' what we are doing in my Adobe Illustrator CS3 class. This series of books is well written and easy to follow if you have some idea of how the programs work or you have a computer programmerish type of brain (which I don't).

No comments: