Friday, May 04, 2007

Becca's Box and the Denver Quilt Show Teaser








I finally got a small bit of time to craft and decided to make a box for Becca. She is the girlfriend of Ryan, our head cycling team coach. Becca is wonderful about riding with the kids who are not exactly speed demons and she is a wonderful hostess. She collects lunch boxes, so I simply had to make one for her. Becca's favorite color is green. Getting shades of green to agree to play together is a challenge, but I am happy with how it came out. The blue part of her name is done with the new glitter offered in the Martha Stewart line that is being offered at Michael's. I cut the letters out with my Cricut.

Next up is a small preview, a teaser of sorts, from the Denver Quilt Show. I took tons of photos but will not upload them until next week when I have access to a faster internet connection. I choose these because they are a few of my favorites. They are all AMAZING in person. The background of the crane quilt is Thia silk. The black sections of the feathers are done with a selection of 8 subtle blacks. The poppy quilt is breath taking. I might have to make one inspired by it. The color blocks are just wonderful - that woman has a talent and an amazing sense of color. Tomorrow I am taking a quilting class with Melody Johnson, one of my favorite quilter's and bloggers. I feel a little like a small girl on the night before school starts, fretting over what I should wear.


1 comment:

Peg said...

Love the box!
Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!
Peg