Thursday, May 24, 2007

Crazy Busy Almost Ending - a Bit BItter Sweet


This is a super busy, albeit fun, time of year. I have nearly finished testing, but have yet to do the accompanying paperwork for the student folders. (uugg! :( ) My seniors are done. That is the bittersweet part. I will miss them. I made each of them special folders to keep the nice letters and notes people send to them. This is the time of year when everyone seems to start freaking out. Parents, many of whom are actually sad and feel no longer needed, get uptight and upset with their seniors. So many kids come, cry on my shoulder - they don't understand why their parents think the are such rotten people - I set them straight, try to get them to be a bit more understanding and patient with those who actually love them tons. Last Friday I cried during class so much that my eyes were puffy by the end of the day. "Oh, Mrs. Welshon - We'll come see you!" Actually, most of them won't, but that will be okay - it will mean that we've given them what they need to move on. I have posted just a few of the group photos here. These are from my ESL sheltered English classes. I have "regular" English classes, too, but those kids are in smaller groups which did not post as well.
We also spent another weekend at Snow Mountain Ranch.This time it was an all school all families weekend. It was a lot of fun. I made some cool tie dye stuff (an apron and a tool roll) and a leather wallet for Ethan. I also helped others finish pieces that they started but ran out of time to finish. Maybe I can show photos of those items later.
The box is one I made for a benefit dinner and silent auction. A good friend of mine had a baby in October. Little Sean was due in mid-December, but was born early October. He is a fighter who has already had at least ten operations. It seems that he has a ton of really rare birth defects. The little guys needs a set of custom hearing aids, and they are not covered by insurance. Our benefit raised over $8,000. I was so pleased!
Okay, I am hoping to craft some time soon, but my body is thinking, "NO!!!" as it sends in the stuffy nose, the achey joints, etc.

No comments: