Friday, December 21, 2007

Getting Done with my Annual Christmas Illness Early

Nearly every teacher I know gets sick the day or weekend after the end of a semester. It is like out bodies hold off the germs until we know we have the luxury of being sick and can recover without having to call in a sub. This year it hit me hard and early. I felt okay last Friday. By the evening I thought I was just extremely tired. On Saturday we had the triple birthday party at my Aunt's house. I could hardly stay afloat - which is bad since I was the one who knew how to get to her new apartment and I was one of the honorees. By the afternoon I had a fever.Sunday we had our cookie party. I rallied myself up to make it through that. I could hardly breathe or stand, but I could not, rather would not, cancel. We had planned it for so long and the girls were so excited. On Monday I finally went to the doctor. I had sinitus, a sinus infection. I got four kinds of meds and slept like I was dead. Each day I feel a small bit better. I think I resemble a human again. Sadly, the kids got it, too. They both ran the fever and had to be home for two days. They are on meds, too. Things are beginning to look up. I am at least glad that I won't be sick for Christmas this year. Now I simply have to figure out how to make up for the lost pre-Christmas time.

No comments: