Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Different Kind of Easter Outfit - A Sneak Peak



This year we are breaking with tradition. We will be on the first day of our Utah road trip Easter morn. Thus, the Easter clothes I make for the kids will be a bit different. They will be cycling clothes, instead of church clothes.
A friend of ours won the Sheila Moon jacket featured in this blog entry, but she was not there to pick it up so it lived at our house of a few days. Ellie loved this jacket and wished it was hers. It is a very lovely jacket. The photo does not do it justice one bit. It is made of a special wool and microfleece fabric. I put my self to the test by making a pattern from the jacket itself and creating one for Ellie. The colors I am using are a bit different. The main microfleece color is a lovely lime green, Ellie's favorite color (at least for now). I have added a layer of the fun "Black Party Dots" fabric from Michael Miller Fabrics on top of some sections of the microfleece. I have also made binding tape from the party dots fabric. I can't wait to show you the finished jacket. The Micheal Miller company has such fun stuff. I may have to find another excuse to make something else with their fabrics. We could be pretty stylin'. Ethan wants a jacket, too. His will be much more plain. It will be brown with red accent stitching and a few lime green bits of bias to enliven it a bit. I will post photos of that one once it is done. It is nothing more than a hand colored drawing right now.

No comments: