Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Case for My Bamboo Graphic Tablet

A little while ago I got a Bamboo Graphic Tablet.It is by Wacom, the same company that makes larger, fancier graphics tables. What is a graphics tablet, you say? Well, when you work with graphics (drawing) programs, like Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator you do a lot of "drawing" with your curser. Traditionally this means you control the movement with your computer mouse, which is akin to drawing with a bar of soap in that it is large and unwieldy. A graphic table uses a pressure sensitive pad with a special"pen" that allow you to control the curse like you would control a pencil or pen. It is very cool. I love mine and wanted to be able to take it to class with me. I stuck it in my regular bag a few times, but I was always worried one of the parts would get lost. I decided to make a case so that it would have extra protection.

I started out at the quilting store and picked up a few fun pieces:

Next, I calculated what I would need and spent part of an evening constructing it. I had not quilted anything for a while and you can see that clearly on the case. However, I am not going to worry about that. I am going to be happy that my parts will stay together and be a bit more safe than they might be when they are part of the happy mix-o-stuff in my regular bag. Besides, I think it is kind of stylin'.


No comments: