Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bats, and Cats and Skeletons, ... Oh My! Halloween is Coming!



It's almost here. Halloween is just a bit away. I love the decorations, the silliness, the fun of it all. This year it started for me when the House of Threefolks posted these zipper pull charms on their blog on September 1st. . I just had to check it out. And of course, I decided I needed to have the dingbat set.

Then I was smitten with the brushes. I had to have them, too.
I can't wait to use them! (I love how affordable and mess free digital scrapbooking is!The images above were borrowed from the House of Three store front and the ">company blog. The links are offered above.)

Then I started looking for Halloween magazines at the store. I love to put all of my back issues from Halloween out each October. I found out about Kirsten Beason from the Cloth, Paper and Scissors magazine. Then I found her blog and got to see much more of her art. I loved the skeleton on the cover of the magazine and the dogs in the picture with the pumpkin.

I love the skeleton on the magazine so much that he might need to make an appearance on a quilt I may make. That leads me to think about Jane Sassaman and her great quilts.

Which made me think about making a lap quilt for our couch. I found a fun pattern on the Moda Fabric webiste. It was designed for Christmas, but I think I could do something fun with the idea for Halloween. I already had some fun fabric ticked away:
I also have some of this:
And then I found this fun idea on the Bad Baby Quilts site through Etsy:



And this awesome print in Smooshy's Etsy shop:

Okay, I could keep going, but I think I should move along and do something not computer related. Maybe I will design that quilt I've been writing about. I was thinking about visiting the mall to see the displays. They might not actually be ready yet. Even Target did not have all of their stuff up yet. I think it will have to wait a while.

Have you found any fun Halloween stuff that I might enjoy seeing?\












No comments: