Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How to Spend They Day When Your Sick or Finding Inspriation on the Internet Even Though You Entire Face Hurts - Always a Good Distraction...


(Tom Kitty Necklace from Shanalogic.com)


(Super Sprinkles Necklace from shanalogic.com)
So today I am home sick. I felt pretty bad the last few days. Truth be told, I should have taken yesterday off. The tip-off, besides the fact that my sinuses, teeth, eyebrows, ears, throat and lungs hurt, not to mention the achy joints, was when kids from nearly every class said something along the lines of, "Uhhh,...miss...are you sick? You look kind of yuky today." They meant it in a caring way. Several who have been through this lately gave me caring tips on what to expect and how to cope. I took them up on their suggestions. I slept until about 9 o'clock and have been doing a bit of web surfing. I love it when I have time to waste and have fun. As I was checking my usual blogs I decided to follow some of their links. I found Twig and Thistle through Lotus. I will have to eventually work my way through her links. I picked out a few. Then I was off. Here's some of what I found:
I found lots of inspiration through the Oh So Beautiful Paper blog. I might have to add this to my favorites list. The trouble is that it makes me want to do letterpress and heaven knows I do not need another hobby! Here are some of the things I found through her blog:

Beast Pieces has some really wonderful examples of letterpress. This one really spoke to me. I think this is genius!



Layered Photo images inspired buy the Where the Wild Things Are book. Albert Cerritino's amazing contributions to the Terrible Yellow Eyes exhibit going on now in California.



AMAZING papercuts. I am such a sucker for these! I look forward to when I have the time and patience to do this kind of thing. I used to do them but once the kids were past about three I no longer found the time. You simply must visit Helen Musselwhite's galleries and admire her talent!

Back on the Halloween front there are great ideas from many places showcased on the At Home with Kim Valle' blog

Back at Twig and Thistle I found another fun Halloween Link for Amy Atlas. Her tablescapes are featured in the Celebrate Magazine. Their site includes a fun downloadable party planner, invitations, etc.

Here's a fun video of a silly video by Hockey, a band from Portland:
Hockey - Song Away (Official Music Video)


I also love the stuff over an Ann Wood's blog. She gave herself a project to make one cardboard horse a day until she had 100 of them. They were displayed in a gallery for a while. She is kind enough to share the templates with the entry about the project.




Now, if I just had the energy to do something with that inspiration. I think I will have to dream about them instead...

No comments: