Friday, January 29, 2010

A Crafty Valentine Get Together



I love making things. Sometimes it is even better with friends. That was certainly the case last night when my dear friends Laura and Connie came over with their daughters Anna and Christy. It was so nice to come home after an extra long day to a potluck meal of succulent ribs, beans, potato salad and a great rice dish.
That was followed up with the candle decorating craft that I blogged about yesterday. It was such fun to see what everyone came up with. What I thought they would be like, and how they actually came out were wonderfully different.

I had set up the art room table with lots of goodies. I had a ton of self adhesive bling in many colors and sizes. I had lovely scrapbooking papers, paper flowers, colored floss, brads... you get the idea. I also had another craft that we never even got to. I had also purchased a bunch of the new flameless candles. It was inspiring to see it all set out.

The girls gobbled up dinner, grabbed a bunch of art stuff and holed up in Ellie's room. I would have loved to hear their happy chatter as they crafted, but I know they had a lot of fun on their own upstairs. Their candles were so very different and really lovely. They totally blinged out their candles. Good thing I happened to have lots of the rhinestones.




Laura, Connie and I went more along the lines of where I expected us to go, but have very different results. They both thought it was possibly the best crafting they've done at my house so far. Here's what we created:





Finally, here's a bit of fun for the day -

No comments: