Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Short Break, A Spot of Blue Sky Blazing and a Bit of Inspiration...

I took the day off from work yesterday because I had to have a liver test run. I am not sure what they are actually looking for. I will be glad to find out. After the test I went home and had a great day. The house was clean enough that I didn't feel like I should be cleaning. No one was there to need a ride or a favor or a meal. Although it was cold outside the sky was bright blue. The birds were chirping. I worked on Ethan's photos from his Jamaican trip uninterrupted for a few hours. i even sketched up a new idea for a quilt. I took a short break to lay on the couch by the window and bask in the sun like a cat. It was truly lovely. I wished that it could have gone on. However, the dentist beckoned and I had to go as Ethan and I both had appointments. It always surprises me how restorative a small break can be.

Today I am inspired by a posting from Be*mused's trip to the Tokyo Quilt festival. My absolute favorite from what is offered thus from is the quilt with the wind chimes. I may have to make a version of that beauty!

No comments: