Monday, May 24, 2010

Beads for School - Silent Auction Items I've made

I had a fun time making jewelry for the silent action at AVS. I hope people bid on them.

Two sizes of green, yellow, orange, red and opal seed beads on illusion filament. This is inspired by the colors on some of my favorite skirts from Coldwater Creek.


Purple, Lavender, and Dark Purple Swavorki Beads interspersed with silver chain. Purple is my favorite color and, like a raven, I am always drawn to the shiny beads when I visit a bead store. This style is fashioned after the most often sold necklaces that Bead Haven makes to sell. She tells me she can never keep them for more than a few days before they are sold.


Funky Silver metal beads with black Swavorski crystals. I love funky, unusual earrings. These remind me both of some very old, fun earrings I own as well as my young friend Ari who loves to do the whole Steam Punk scene. I think he would appreciate these.


Funky triangle swirls with silver hearts and lavender swirl beads (Matches the necklace below.) I love anything with swirls so these begged to go home with me.


Modern beaded necklace with lavender swirl beads and a silver medallion with fauna drawing. (Matches the earrings above.)This is fashioned after a friend's necklace. Kirsten wore it to Snow Mountain Ranch and I was distracted when I talked with her because I wanted to examine it. She graciously lent it to me so that I could fashion a likeness with what I had on hand.


Floating Magic Bead Necklace. This one is inspired by a necklace with fake pearls and rhinestones that I purchased for Ellie to wear with one of her cotillion dresses. Like the crystals, I seem to have to have some of these each time I go to the bead store. Once upon a time they were easy to find, now I am lucky to find even a few.


Which do you like best? I'm finding it hard to place a beginning bid price.

No comments: