Thursday, May 06, 2010

A Really Bad Day

Today was a really bad day at work. I think I have not had a day like today for...uhm... about 11 years. It was a bad combination of the potential of students boiled down to nothing more than testing scores combined with many cases of gnarly senioritis on steroids. It was enough to make me feel slightly pukey for much of the day.

I decided to counter it with a little junk food and a fluffy, silly movie. I prescribed cheap grocery store pizza, everybody's favorite flavors of potato chip and "The Tooth fairy." I was going to top it off with an Icee, but I walked calmly by the machine without making a purchase. I loved Dwayne Johnson in "Game Plan" so I thought I would like him in this one and I was right.


Before we started the movie I sewed a few patches onto Ethan's Boy Scout sash as he will need it this weekend. He will be leaving from school to go to the Peaceful Valley Boy Scout Ranch near Elbert Count (a bit east of Colorado Springs) to take part in his ordeal for the Order of the Arrow, a fraternal service organization in Scouting. It is an honor to be taking part in the ordeal as each troop gets to nominate one scout each year. Ethan will spend the better part of the weekend working alone and silently, helping to get the camp grounds ready for the upcoming camping season. If he is successful he will be awarded an OA sash and be welcomed into the Brotherhood of the Tahosa Lodge. He makes me proud.

And he helps me forget about a really bad day at work...

No comments: