Monday, March 07, 2011

My Girl Turns 14



On Sunday, March 6th,my sweet girl turned 14 and all she wanted to do was shop. Can you imagine?

I cannot imagine what our lives would be without here. She is artistic, funny, thoughtful and honest. She is also strong and strong-willed.

I love when we have a girls' night complete with Chinese take-out and a romantic comedy.

I love it when she tells me that it makes her happy when she hears my keys dangling from my purse as I walk into school to pick her up.

I love the silly face photographs that she takes with her friends.

I love how she is such a thoughtful and supportive friend.

I love to see her in action when she redecorates her room, again.

I love watching her ride her bike.

I love how she plops down on her daddy and sits in his lap as if she was a big kitty.

I love how she drapes herself over me, exclaiming, "I wuv you!"

I love how she tries to make her brother more fashionable.


We went to 3 different Target stores in search of the perfect swimming suit. The brand new Target that opened on her birthday did not have many suits from which to pick. The Target by our house did not have the correct size and the Target by school was the jack pot. We also went shopping for jeans - girl jeans - an activity not suggested for the weak of heart (or the easily bored.)

No comments: