Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Anderson Ranch Application Portfolio


"Sheep in the Stumayhew Church Yard" Acrylic paint & Gel image manipulation

Yesterday I sent off scholarship applications to Anderson Ranch up in Snowmass (near Aspen). They have a beautiful campus with studios, an art store, dormatories, a cafe, etc. They also have amazing classes. Ellie and I really hope we get to take part in workshops this summer.

My application required that I submit a portfolio of 10 pieces. It is a reasonable requests, but one that was a little intimidating to me. My work is all over the place. Clearly, I have no focus beyond color and texture. These are the pieces I submitted.

"Raven Collage" Watercolor paint, multi-media realia


"H.D. Thoreau" Part of my American Renaissance Bookplate series, carved drafting eraser


"Emily Dickinson" Part of my American Renaissance Bookplate series, carved drafting eraser


"The Art of Cyclocross Camp Poster" created using Adobe Illustrator CS3


Reupholstered chairs using thrifted wool sweaters that I felted.


Black Sheep Junior Cycling marketing material samples (letterhead and folded brochure)


"Blackbird Colorblock" created in Adobe Illustrator CS3 and Photoshop CS3


"Black River Relaxation" Enhanced digital photograph


"On the Beach Riding a Horse" digital photo with enhancements

No comments: