Monday, April 11, 2011

Ellie - Back in the Saddle Again


on Sunday, Ellie got back into racing. We had expected her to race the previous weekend, but the junior races were rained out. She had only been on her bike a few times since Cyclocross ended mid-December. I was concerned that it would hurt her, but I also knew that the time off and rest would do her well. Being the active kidlet that she is, she was fine.



The course did not look too bad in the video, but there was one killer hill that almost no one could ride up. It was a steep hill with several inches of sandy gravel in the road. I imagine (based on descriptions offered to me as I did not ride it) that it must have been like riding up a sand pit on a hill. For a long time Ellie was in first place in her catagory. However, the hill took her bike out from under her and she lost time, never being able to catch it up again. We were happy for her performance. I think she was, too.




On Monday Ellie and Ariana went to see Cody Simpson and Greyson Chance in concert at the Gothic Theater. The girls made matching loud, neon outfits to wear in hopes of being noticed. When I dropped them off I could see others had the same idea. The Gothic had not yet opened so there was a long sworm of young girls trying to look their best. I imagine that it would have been an almost scarey sight for the boys had they gone out to meet them. The crowd appeared loud and bouncy, ranging from 10-18 and largely female.


Here's a sampling of what the girls might of seen at the Cody Simpson and Greyson Chance concert:



No comments: