Monday, September 05, 2011

...And Suddenly, Just LIke That, It is Fall!

Fall arrived this weekend, as if she had boarded a train and showed up on my doorstep just in time. I love... ... The symphony of crickets that at times get so loud that you can hear them clearly through a closed window. ... The gentle, cool breeze that comes through my window at night. ... That is is cool enough at night to need the comfort of a blanket. I like sleeping in a cool room. ... That the sun comes up at the same time I do most mornings. ... The dappled pattern of sunlight that comes through the leaves that is the first thing I see when I awake up at a leisurely hour. ... Being able to snuggle with my husband and not have him get too hot since I am a human heater. ... Having enough morning light to be able to watch my husband sleep on some mornings when we are not in a hurry to get ready for work. ... How my kids enjoy the company of each other, even when it is loud, silly and pesty. ... How the cats light to sleep on the edge of my sewing table or on the extra chair in my craft room as I sew and make things. ... Being at home when each of us is content with our personal activities, but still feeling connected by proximity. ... Having some time to do a bit of creating. This weekend that has involved a lot of ironing, measuring, cutting and some sewing. ... my family.

No comments: