Friday, March 05, 2010

Alice, Tim and Ellie


Today Tim Burton's vision of "Alice in Wonderland" comes out. I've been eagerly anticipating this movie for some time. I absolutely love Tim Burton's style. However, I think I will wait a short while until seeing it so that I don't have to fight huge crowds just to see the movie.

The movie is not just a remake of the original, but rather what might happen if Alice went back when she was 19 years old. The White Queen has a new, darker side and the Red Queen has plenty of hissy fits, of course.


Tomorrow Ellie turns 13. She was excited about it in the fall, but now seems none plused. She says, "Mom, my friends are thirteen already. We had fun celebrating when they became teenagers, but I already feel thirteen." When I ask her how she wants to celebrate her birthday she says she does not have an idea. Ditto when I ask her what she wants for her special dinner. I even suggested what I thought were some of her favorites, Caesar Salad and Maple Pecan Pie, but even that did not stir any useful response. So, what's a mom to do? I guess I'll sit by the sidelines until I know what she does or does not want.

No comments: