Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Feel Like I Can Fly or At Least Have Fun at Elitche's



Yesterday we have a family birthday party to celebrate Orlando's 12th birthday. We spent it at Elitche's. Orlando and Angelo love to hang out with Ethan.It think it makes them feel cool. They did lots of thrilling things, like "The Tower of Doom."



Amy watched and worried. They were cool about it.

Then Amy treated the boys to a ride on the "XLR8R" which is the tallest free fall swing ride in Colorado (and a bunch of other states, too, I'd imagine.) Orlando had always wanted to do it, but it was an extra fee. Amy was up for the treat. Here's how it goes:


You get the special gear on.


The operator gives you instructions and tips.



They hoist you up to the special hook that carries you up 150 feet into the air. One person pulls the orange cord once you are ready to fall. Ethan said that the first few seconds must have felt similar to what it feels like to skydive.





Then you swing back and forth a bunch of times.




Once it is over you feel pretty pumped up!
What a treat for the boys! Thanks, Sis!

This one is thrill enough for me. It is my favorite ride in the park. I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE roller coasters but ever since Ellie was born I find that I can't handle them very well. I was a little tempted by the Boomerang, but I was with my mom and sister who only love going on the sedate rides, like the Ghost Blaster.

They also spent time enjoying the waterpark.

No comments: