Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Ratties and Creeping Cat Decorations


I love Halloween magazines. I keep them and put them out in a big, inviting pile each October. This year, in addition to my usual Martha Stewart issue, I also added the "Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications Halloween Tricks and Treats 2010" issue.


When I came across the article on fun lawn silhouettes, I knew I had to make a few.


Lucky for me, my dear father-in-law, Don, likes to make things of wood. He agreed to help. I made cardboard stencils to trace.

He cut the shapes out and made the stakes. He even countersunk the area in the back where the flameless tea lights would go for the eyes. I spray painted the silhouettes black. Larr put them out in the garden for me. What a nice surprise.

You can make some, too. You can find the information about the article on line here.

No comments: