Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Party and Potluck

We had a blast at our annual Pumpkin Carving Party and Potluck. It was a smaller crowd this year since Ethan was out of town. Don came to our party to soak up some fun and have a bite to eat. We pressed him into service. He was happy to help Caroline.


The teen crowd stuffed themselves into the art room and had a wild time, as usual. Later they hung out in Ellie's room and enjoyed some tunes.


I always love this photo. We take one like it every year.


We had a younger crowd, too. Tim is probably the coolest little dude we know. He's cute, too.

Here's more cuties.

Toby thought he needed to check out what was going on. He wondered, was this something to eat?

Heather (my student teacher) and her boyfriend Roger craved up some lovely, artistic pumpkins.


These photos are fun, too. Aren't they a lovely family?

I made a Curried Pumpkin soup, as usual, but this year I switched up the recipe a bit. (I will be posting it soon). James offered a Pork and Cider stew that was amazing. I decided to have that for dinner, forsaking all of the other stuff. I offered to trade him my left overs for his. He graciously gave me the little that was left. He, like myself, kind of cooks by feel. He told me what was in the stew. I intend to figure it out and write out a recipe for it.

I also had a fun time putting together a playlist for the party. It is a sampling of lots of different styles of music.


I'd love to hear suggestions for more songs to add to this. Do you have some to share?

No comments: