Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween Festivities

We had an absolute blast last week. But, quite frankly, I also happy to move into the relative quiet and calm that the beginning of November offers. It is a nice respite to the frenzied quality of Halloween.

On Friday we had the AVS Halloween Party. Ellie dressed as a baby. Ethan had just returned from a camping trip in the mountains so he was not in costume.



I decided to be Goth Girl, though I sure seemed to have a punk twinge, too. I thought it was pretty fun to be something that is so different from who I actually am. The funny thing is that it completely freaked out Larr and Ellie. Larr didn't even want to look my way.

It was kind of fun to wear my daugher's shoes. They were more comfortable than I had expected them to be.

The AVS party was hosted by a group of 12 year old girls. They made an awesome punch. It was 1 part Cranraspberry juuice to two parts ginger ale and a who lot of pomigrante seeds broken apart. They even made a fun hand and some "eyeballs" ice cubes.

Saturday night we went to Wendy's and Linn's house for their costume party. I had to come up with a new costume. I welcomed the chance to wear the fun witch's hat.

I thought Ethan's miner outfit was pretty cool. It was all the real deal. Larr was an administrator, the scariest costume at the party.


Wendy's daughter, Carmen, did a great job of decorating everything.




Sunday, after the races, the kids got together to go trick or treating. Ellie did not want to be a baby (probably because I wanted her to wear shoes and she did not want to.)so we had to come up with something else. They had a lot of fun, as always. Steven thought it was funny to wear his mask and stare at people when we were driving. Ethan was Eminem, a white rapper. Ariana was going to be a raper, too. However, we were already late by the time we were on the way to her house, so she switched to a skier so that we would not have to do her hair.

No comments: