Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Recap and a New Recipe Site

We had a lovely Christmas - we hope you did, too.

Ellie began learning how to operate and use her new IPod.


Karen H. gave our kitties the best kitty house ever made. They love it.



Moxy and Toby love hanging out under the tree. They are happy to have some of the outdoors inside.


Ellie and Ethan got a bit silly in the evening.


Ethan was excited for the day, even though he was still sleepy.


Ellie made her dad some coasters. I love handmade presents.


Reisha liked having everyone home. She got to go to Grandpa's house with us.

After a leisurely morning at home, we packed up a bunch of the food I had been preparing to go over to Grandpa Don's house where we had more Christmas and a special family meal.

I've taken over making the special meal. This year we started with appetizers of pistachios, puff pastries with nice fillings, some aged salami with bagel chips and lovely Satsuma oranges. The next course featured a venison stew and a nice spinach, walnut, pomegrante and dried cherry salad that Perrin made. Our main course featured Beef Wellington, tricolored roasted potatoes with olive oil, rosemary and sea salt. My mother also made sweet potatoes as per Don's request. For dessert we had one of Aunt Kathy's chocolate cake and Perrin's pecan pie.

I am planning post about the Beef Wellington later one. I am also creating a new, related site where I will post the recipes I feature here. It should make it faster to find a desired recipe. It is NeedtoCreateRecipes.blogspot.com

No comments: