Sunday, January 02, 2011

1.1.11 Welcome to the New Year




It is hard to believe that it is already 2011. It will take me a while to get that date right on things I am putting together. 2010 was a good year. I expect and hope that 2011 will be even better.

It was important to the kids, especially Ellie, to find some interesting way to celebrate New Year's Eve. After much searching we have found that very little is available to those under 21 years of age. Last year Ellie was a volunteer at "Skate the Lake" event. She had lots of fun and repeated that activity again this year. However, this time it was Ellie, Ariana, Ethan and Tom. Ethan was a dog and Tom was a reindeer. All four of them totted around buckets of candy and silly, festive stuff to wear. It was fun, but also bitterly cold at a whopping -13 degrees by the time midnight rolled around. However, being teenagers, I doubt they noticed the cold much. At midnight there was a spectacular fireworks display. I was pleased that Larr and I got to view it, too.

No comments: