Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Triple Birthday Celebration

On Sunday we celebrated three birthdays - Don's 86th, Gay's (my mom)66 and my 46th.

We had a lovely meal at Aunt Kathy's house. She was so thoughtful and made my most favorite cake - Pistachio Cake. It is not easy to make these days since you need a couple of packages of Dream Whip (a dry mix in envelopes)along with Pistachio pudding mix and some lemon/lime soda.

We had much of the family there, including Dough who was visiting from Seattle. Mark and Lilia joined us, too.

Ellie thinks she's hot stuff since she is much taller than the rest of the ladies in the family. And just for the record, I am pretty sure she is standing on her tippy toes - silly girl. Being taller than Grandma Gay and Aunt Kathy (or Lilia, for that matter)is no big deal since I am pretty sure they are 5' or less. Me? I'm about 5'2" and getting my head patted a good bit by my gowing girl.

(I am hoping to post the recipe for the cake here, soon. My mom says she has the original recipe cut out from the box.)

No comments: