Tuesday, January 04, 2011

In Limbo, sort of...



This time every year I feel a little like I am in limbo. We still have our Christmas tree up, as well as the other decorations mostly because I love the lights, the feel, but I also feel like cleaning up and feeling less cluttered.

I also feel like I should be finishing up the scrapbooking pages for that year, although I am often just starting to scrapbook the year. In many ways it is a fun way to review the year. I spent some of my winter break time organizing the photos into groups on digital pages. This will make it much easier for me to sit down when I have limited time and do a bit of scrapbooking. I even found a bit of time to get a few pages done. I also noticed (in a very concrete, less abstract way) that including Ethan is getting much more difficult as so many of his activities no longer include me. He's going up; its a natural progression. It is also something that I both rejoice and feel removed by. It will cause me to be much more intentional about trying to capture him in photos this year.








I also think that I will have a much more streamlined style in my scrapbooking this year. I find that I gravitate towards both the very simple and clean layouts, as well as the super involved ones.

No comments: