Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Art Show at Denver Water



My mother works for Denver Water and there is a group of people there who love to through parties, do good things for kids and their employees. They celebrate who they are as people, not just as employees who do a specific task. One way to celebrate them is the art show and contest that they host from time to time. The show is open to the employees and their families. Pam, the woman who puts this event together asked my mother to make sure that my kids submitted something for the show and this is what we put together.

We have the metal art that Ethan did a while ago. I love this piece. It makes me happy. Someone already wanted to buy it, but I don't want him to sell it. I am pretty sure he gave it to me the year he made it. It makes me smile both for the silly face it has and for the memory of how happy he was when he created it.


Ellie took this one. I think it is her best photo of those she is submitting. You can't tell here, but in real life you can see Moxy's fur in great detail. I love that cat!


If you love dogs, you gotta love this one. You can see what a sweet heart our dog has just by looking at this photo by Ellie.


I wish this had photographed for this purpose better, but I've shown most of those photos here before. This one makes me think of summer. I love how she has used filters to shift the colors a bit.

We hope to be able to go down and see the exhibit. That would be a thrill!

No comments: