Monday, May 23, 2011

A Small Adventure


I had planned to write about the weekend with the AVS crew at Snow Mountain Ranch. It is an annual event that the kids look forward to even as we are driving away on Sunday. However, that plan was eclipsed when my van would not start after our detour at Safeway in Fraiser, 70 miles from home. I am pretty sure it is my fuel pump as it was making strange noises.

Larr had gone home on Saturday night as he was tired from a recent trip to another SVS school. Ethan was with Brett and Doug since he wanted to go to Bojou's and I did not. That left Ellie, our friend Buffy and I in the van. We called AAA and ordered a flat bed tow truck. There was not room for us in the truck, so the driver had us stay in the van. He said we would notice things we had not noticed before since we would be sitting up so high.

Ellie was thrilled. Larr, back at home, was not so sure. The driver assured us that it was safe since the road were clean. We just sat back and relaxed. It was odd sitting in the driver's seat of a moving van and yet, I was not driving.

The trip was bouncy. It certainly tested my level of dealing with feeling car sick, though what could I do since I could not pull over? It was fun, too. The ride home seemed to go quickly.



Larr was happy to see us back home and safe.

Ellie was happy to go home and attempt to work on her tan. That seemed a funny contrast to the snow on the pass.

No comments: