Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Man, A Cat, Some Cows, Sheep, Horse and 1800 Pounds of Angry Bull

In the late afternoon yesterday I began to work on a portrait of Larr. I tried to give a sense of his personality and interests.

In the background I have included the Declaration of Independence, some gears, a dial and a few geological textures. I like how it turned out. The challenge here is to make it look like it is part of a series that will be made up of images from our family members, but not too similar. It is a fine balance


This is the original photograph.

In the evening we attended the local rodeo. It was quite an experience, especially for Malik who is a student from Washington, DC. I was so taken with what was going on that I did not bother to preview my photos. Luckily, I ended up with a few good images.

It was interesting and impressive, but I am glad my son does not want to do that - so many possibililties for injury.
(Those photos will come soon.)

No comments: