Sunday, April 18, 2010

Catching Up and Cooking A Lot

I've beer remiss of late about posting and writing about our activities. Here's some that are worth posting:

Here's Ellie at yesterday's race, the Haystack Time Trial. She had a good time and came in fourth place. She was the first 13 year old over the line.



These are photos from the Front Range Mountain Bike Series, Race #2. Ethan rode in the Men's C and was very challenged by the competition, but he had a good time.


There was Cotillon class last week:


Here's photos from last week's Boulder Roubaix. Ellie came in 3rd.






Today I cooked a bunch of things, getting ready for a busy week. I made the Tangy Pineapple Chicken that I posted yesterday. I am pairing it with a Salad of Apples and Oranges with a Honey Garlic Dressing.

I also made Meatballs in Peanut Chile Sauce and Balsamic Chicken with Spring Veggies, both from the "A Year of Slow Cooking" blog.



Salad of Apple & Oranges with Honey-Garlic Dressing


(featured on Inn Cuisine, recipe courtesy Abingdon Manner Inn & Restaurant Found by me via Foodgwaker at Inn Cuisine. )

Yield: Serves 4

* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup Wesson oil (olive oil)
* 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
* bibb lettuce, chopped (I used hearts of Romaine)
* red and green lettuce, chopped (I did not have this)
* 1 red apple, thinly sliced (unpeeled)
* 1 green apple, thinly sliced (unpeeled)
* 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
* optional – a sprinkling of chopped & toasted walnuts, pecans or almonds

Mix the oil, honey & garlic in a jar (with lid) and shake before serving. Tear or cut lettuce(s) into bite-size pieces and mix with apples and oranges, add toasted nuts if desired, and toss all with dressing. Serve immediately.

Read more: http://inncuisine.com/luscious-lunches/fix-it-fresh-recipe-abingdon-manners-salad-of-apples-oranges-with-honey-garlic-dressing/#ixzz0lUbgGn99

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hello Tammy, thank you for your kind comments about my "older kids" Week in the Life - I am so impressed with your cycling photos - it is such a hard thing to capture, unless it's a criterium and you get another chance when they come round again! I'll tell my sister to visit you and try your hummous recipes - she loves dips (and pizza too) AND she also has older kids!