Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Few New Things...

My heels crack ever winter. Its from wearing my Berkinstocks when I wear shoes at all. I don't like shoes that close in my feet, but I had lost that battle. I decided that if I must wear shoes that cover my heels, they better be comfortable ones. I had none that fit the bill, so I headed to REI where I found some that are comfortable and cute, in a sporty kind of way. I love that they can be adjusted simply by pulling straps down farther on the velcro.


A while back I also bought myself a skirt from Coldwater Creek, one of my favorite stores. I was looking for something to wear to the cotillion ball. I was not having much luck, but I loved this when I saw it. One side features watercolor style flowers. The other had a nice blue pattern. I also loved that it is flowy.

My family did not share my opinion. In fact, they said I would look like I was wearing a "Grandma Couch". I thought, "well, I very well can't go to their Balls looking like I am wearing old women furniture and embarrassing the children." (I embarrass them enough as it is.)I reluctantly decided that I would return it. It did not seem reasonable to keep a $80 dollar skirt that I could only wear when I was not with my family. However, when I went to return it the saleswoman mentioned that it was down to $21. Did I want her to do a price adjustment instead of a return? I hemmed and hawed for just a few minutes, ultimately deciding to keep the skirt. I wore it to school the very next day, happily.

No comments: