Saturday, July 07, 2012

Sketching and Spending Time with My Boy

I treasure the time I get with my son. Now that he is working full time and has his own busy life, I don't get much time with him. Wednesday morning was a rare time when we both were able to find time to hang out together.

The morning was cool and lovely so I decided to take my drawing outside. I am trying to draw for at least 20 minutes each day. I have not been very successful on the daily part, but I am happy with my drawing.


I'm taken with owls of late and am very happy rendering this image.


This is the first I started with drawing the owl.


This is how far I got on the second day. I want to introduce just a small bit of color into the design. My problem is knowing where to stop. It is not unusual for me to take it too far.

No comments: