Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Working Hard in Glenwood Canyon

Last Sunday Larr went up to see where Ethan was working. Ellie and I were at the races so we did not go. I am glad that Larr took some great photos. Here's what Ethan is up to these days.

The main function is to fill up these large trucks with the materials that the guys on the road need to create or replace the current road. When the mix is dumped into the bed of the truck it rocks a bit.

There are other trucks that arrive with raw material. Unloading these rigs takes about an hour or more.

Ethan's job is to keep all of this going. He fixes, cleans and directs trucks.

See the gunk in the machine? He has to clean that out, too. He disengages some item then locks out the controls so that it cannot turn on while he is in there. The opening is almost as tall as he is - that's a big machine!

This whole operation is temporary and will be moved to another location once this job is done. It is called a batch plant and Ethan is learning how to run it.

This is the kind of work ethic my boy has. This is the kind of thing that makes them love him. When I look at this photo I hear, "Run, Forrest, Run!" in my head. (A quote from the movie, "Forrest Gump."

Ethan says that this was a clean day. The dirt makes it look like he has developed a thick unibrow.

They are working in Glenwood Canyon. It might just be my favorite canyon in Colorado.

My talented husband manages to find and highlight the beauty in everyday things that most of us would not even notice. That is just one of the things I love about him.

I miss my boy, but I am proud of him, too. The kitties miss him, too.

No comments: