Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful and large Thanksgiving party at our house today.
Don and Ethan carved one of the turkeys. I made a smoked turkey. Aaron and Ethan made a deep fried one using a big fryer in the backyard that Aaron brought over.
Ellie did a wonderful job of making a pie and decorating the table. She always does such a nice job and she is so creative. I'm sure you'll agree.
We had lots of wonderful food to eat.
And then came the desserts:
After a relaxed dinner we enjoyed a fire in the back yard. Some people also enjoyed a cigar or two.
And well, Chuck enjoyed a nap. I suspect there was a lot of that going around in other homes.
A few of the men Ethan works with spent the day alone so he asked me to make plates of food for them to enjoy. I love that my boy is thoughtful like that. I am so thankful for my family and wonderful friends.

I hope you have a great holiday, too.

No comments: