Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sweet Little Aurora

This is sweet little Aurora. She is my 18 month old niece and she is a girl who knows what she wants. I really like that about her.
Here she is with her mom, Kayla. She is the same age as Ethan. She and Jeff have been together since they were 13, but I think baby Aurora was a surprise. However, motherhood really seems to suit her and she seems very happy. I am proud of her and the efforts she puts forth to be a good mother to Aurora. Most of her friends are no longer interested in being her friend. She and Jeff share one car, they do not have cable T.V. or a computer, but still, she does not complain. I think that is pretty remarkable. Kudos to her!
Aurora is bright eyed, inquisitive and clear about getting her needs met. This includes being held often. She and I hit it off right away.
Kayla and I talked about being stay at home moms. I was lucky enough to be one for many years. I talked with her about how hard and isolating it is. I wanted her to feel supported. She says that she would like a hobby to keep her busy when Aurora is doing her own thing. Kayla would like to learn how to do cross stitch and stitch some Disney images for Aurora's room. My mother agreed to work with me to put together a kit for her, but I am finding it very difficult to find what Kayla wants. Finding Disney cross stitch patterns that are good for a beginner more difficult than I expected. I may start her out with a kit to do a fancy version of Aurora's name. That way, if her count is off a small bit, it will not matter.

If you know where I can find Disney (especially Sleeping Beauty) cross stitch patterns, I would love to know. Thanks!

No comments: