Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Graduation Party Decorations - Paper Fans, Photos, Black Streams and Gold Mylar

Ellie graduated on Saturday, along with the four boys in her class. It was important to the families of the graduates to throw a fun and classy party. After some thought and a lot of searches on Pinterest, here is what I came up with. I came up with the concept and gathered the stuff. Members from each graduate's family gathered on Friday night to decorate the main room. It is a bit of a challenge since it is a long, thin, large room. I handed out drawings of my concept along with the appropriate supplies and set everyone to work. I am so pleased with what we came up with.

We festooned each doorway and window in a way that complimented the decorations over the sharing counter.

I gave Brandon and Xander the task of putting together the photo banners. They did a really great job. I am so proud of these two guys who do not consider themselves artistic or creative. Don't you think they are lovely?

We grilled burgers and hot dogs outside. Each family provided some homemade side dishes and we set up an ice cream sundae and root beer float bar for dessert.

Center pieces were a little more challenging. Each idea I came up with was too girly, or too cheesey. Eventually I toned it down and we ended up with these. Each family got to take one home and people seemed to like them:

After it was all put up, the room looked really great and I was very happy. We had to tape everything since we were not allowed to use thumb tacks on the walls. I slept likely that night, worried that the bigger fans might fall down, set off the motion sensor alarm which would in turn call our home and wake us up. Thankfully, the gods of party decorations blessed our party and it went off without a hitch. :)

I love decorating for a party.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

These decoration ideas are really perfect for those who want to plan for a perfect party and I do not want to spend much on decorations as well. I am also planning for a best holiday party and will definitely go with your ideas.