Friday, May 08, 2015

Getting Ready for Celebrations - Kitty Approved Decorations and Party Menu Plans

We are gearing up for a big weekend with Ellie graduating on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday.
One of Ellie's favorite decorations is the flag bunting that I made for a summer party a few summers ago. She requested that I make more. I was happy to oblige her. I dyed the fabric during spring break, and then have constructed it this week.

I measured the original ones to make sure that they will go together well. Then I cut them out.
Next, I sewed them onto the colorful seam binding.
I don't know how long the original bunting is, but now we have an additional 30 yards. That should suit her just fine. I am happy to see that the bunting is kitty approved.
Tomorrow we are going to graduation. I am the head of the celebration reception at school, and then we are having a party here at home. It is a bit overwhelming, but I think I have it all under control. I have my fingers crossed, just in case.

Here's what we are serving at the party at our house:

Appetizers:
Caprese Toast
Pizza Pinwheels (Ham or Pep.)
Dirt Cups*
Fruit Kabobs (maybe)
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple *
Cocktail Wienies in BBQ Sauce*

Pasta Bar:

Pasta:
Spaghetti
Bowtie
Fettuccine

Sauce:
Marinara
Alfredo
Garlic Butter
Pesto (?)

Toppings:
Meatballs
Grilled Chicken
Sausage
Olives
Broccoli
Parmesan
Peas

Salad
Garlic Bread

Drinks:
Watermelon Peach Spritzer
Iced Tea
Water
Mint & Pineapple flavored water (maybe)
Blackberry & Basil flavored water (maybe)
Beer
Wine Coolers
Wine

and there will be cherry pie, if I can find the time to make it.

Whew, I better get back to getting ready.

Happy Mother's Day to my friends!

No comments: