Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother's Day Report

I saved this post about Mother's Day because I did not want it to get lost or mixed up in all of the graduation celebration postings. This one deserves its own glory.

Even after so much happening just the day before, Ethan, Ellie and Kohlton put on a Mother's Day brunch for myself, Britt and Linda (Kohlton's mother and grandmother).
They made up fruit parfaits, similar to those that Ethan had in Thailand. The parfaits featured blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, watermelon, muesli and yogurt. This was served with fresh orange juice. The next course was offered with tea and Rio Muffins. I love it when the kids do stuff like this. It was such a nice morning.
After breakfast was over, Ethan and Ellie presented me with a gift that was created by Ethan, Ellie and Remmie. It is the coat hanger that I had been admiring on Pinterest for a few years now. I am thrilled and honored that they actually made one for me.

One afternoon, Ethan, Ellie and Remmie went for a walk or hike at a local wilderness park. They went looking for a few already fallen and dead tree trunks that had the right kind of angles. It took a while, but they found just what they were looking for. Remmie helped by dragging or pulling some of the tree parts back to the truck. I am sure he was happy to be included in the action. Then the kids set to creating the piece. Ethan used the sander in such a way that the tips of the hanger parts look chiseled. He toed in the pieces from the back so that you cannot see any of the hardware that keeps it together.
It looks cool in this photo, but it is even more beautiful in real life.

I am so thankful that I have such loving, creative kids. I am a proud and honored mama.

No comments: